We are proud to have grown to that huge size as a facebook group – facebook.com/groups/livingbridgesplanet. But this size attracts advertisers from time to time. Most people understand the idea of a group. But for some there is a bit of text to clarify the policy of the group and the facilitation team.
NETIQUETTE – SHORT VERSION
- Check the group description (beta)
LBP is a global facilitator network inspired by strength-based and social capital approaches to enable change.
Our point of view (beta): In our interdependent and hyperconnected world we perceive the growing relevance of trust, reciprocity, global-local engagement to tackle the global and local challenges. This group is esp. dedicated to discuss and develop social capital practice.
Social capital? No idea? Please check our page Social Capital –explained
- Be relevant in the context of the group’s interests. You will not find friends with self-advertising. Consider your self-interest and stop any annoying behavior, that weakens the usefullness and attractiveness of the LBP group
- Rule of thumb: Please count the likes and conversations, that are created by your posts. Is it under average? Then you can hardly deny, that people (in this group!) perceive you as rather irrelevant or even as a spammer.
NETIQUETTE – DETAILED VERSION
Many people misconcieve online communication. They think, that the online world is much different from the offline world. But essentially it is not!
We recommend to use your common sense and basic ethics. Do not the things, that you do not wnat to be done to you!
Over-sharing and spamming in the group
- Some people are posting on the group wall like advertisers. Of course as a result then they are perceived and treated like advertisers! = ignored (see the ad blindness phenomena en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banner_blindness)
- They sometimes even are not learning from the fact, that people are not reacting in a positive manner (with likes or comments)
- Then their reputation sinks even more and they enter the terrible downward spiral
- Advice: Consider at least your self-interest and stop any annoying behavior, that weakens the usefullness and attractiveness of the LBP group
- Rule of thumb: Please count the likes and conversations, that are created by your posts. Is it under average? Then you can hardly deny, that people (in this group!) perceive you as rather irrelevant or even as a spammer. You will hate this truth, but this does not help.
- Last: The admins in the group will care to correct your behavior before the damage to group rises above a certain level.
But you have so much to say …
- Maybe it is hard for you to decide between your contents. Then you should consider to bundle your posts. Instead of posting three times a day you bundle the three links into one post.
Admins in peaceful mission
- Please understand that we admins only act in the interest of the community. We often get complaints about “annoying posts/members” and then have to decide between the conflicting interests.
Life is too short – skip the anger, ignore the troll
- If you are annoyed by “stupid opinions” or by someone pointing to events, that are hardly of interest, then just scroll over it …
More on netiquette